Search This Blog

Thursday 15 September 2011

Brief

This year I will create a short film/sequence from an imaginary film of my own. I will be investigating genre and stylistics to create themes and narrative in a 3-5 minute clip. I will be using my own original ideas composed from the in-depth research I will be doing in order to make an understandable and interesting short sequence. Specifically I will be researching/partaking in:
  • Small scale group work to get together initial ideas and help each other brain-storm together initial plans.
  • I will research the genre in which I am interested in using for my short film sequence, which includes watching films of the same/similar genre, researching directors and their work within my specified genre and researching techniques used by different directors and editors.
  • I will story board my film to collate the story-line and obtain feedback from my chosen audience on what shots/frame sequences, cinematography and narrative work best for the genre I have chosen.
  • I will allocate roles to actors, a camera-man, a director, an editor and (if needed) lighting and sound technician.
  • I will find suitable settings for the shots in my film and I will create as many different shots in order to edit my film to the best it can be. 
After gathering all my ideas and having a complete plan of the short film and a team to help me along in the filming/editing process, I can start producing my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment