Search This Blog

Thursday 29 September 2011

Aims and context

              Aims
  • The genre for my film is social realist drama. Films such as Girl, Interrupted (James Mangold) and This Is England have influenced my ideas for my film due to the intimate relationship with the characters and harsh realism it portrays. I hope to give my audience a peak into what could be someone’s real experiences in life and to shock the audience, leaving them thinking about the plot for weeks after seeing the film.
  • The Protagonist, Tristy, will be an adverage 15/16 year old girl who has all the troubles that any 15/16 year old would have. The audience would be able to relate to Tristy in most parts of the film as everyone will have been through something Tristy goes through in the film. I hope to make Tristy a character who everyone wants to catch a break, and throughout the film, I hope to achieve the sense of love for Tristy. This is because at the end of the film, Tristy will have died and the more the audience feel heart broken by this, the better effect it will have. Almost like losing someone that isn't just a character in a film.
  • The antagnonists, the misfit gang, should be seen as the saviours of Tristys life throughout the film, and almost as loved at Tristy. However, by Climax of the film, the audience should feel a betrayal and hate for the gang as they eventualluy ruin Tristys life.
  • The audience that my film is aimed at is the 15-25 year olds and would be given a 15 certificate, as this is my own age group and is a much more variable and open minded audience. The group of people the film would appeal to would mainly be students and more specifically students that lead an alternative lifestyle as the film will consist of drug taking and other rather anti-social activities that other audiences would not enjoy, for example the 60+ audiences would rather see a happy ending rather than the ending my film would give (the death of the main character built up from a solemn existence). In the industry, a film aimed at this aged of audience will bring in bigger profits, will be easier to market as word of mouth is something that tends to give certain films a good name, and therefore more interest, and will generally do well when brought to DVD after cinema.
Context
  • I will be creating the title sequence for my Social Realist Drama film called “Miss-fited”. Although I am only creating a the title sequence, I hope within three-five minutes I can really show my audience where the film may take them by using relevant music, short ‘clips’ from what would be the whole film to partly show the audience what is to come, and to shock the audience by giving the ending of the film at the end of the title sequence, just when the plot should start. If I were to create the entire feature-length film, the narrative would explain why the main character took her own life, and all will become clear by the end of the film when the first scene (shown at the end of the title sequence) would be re-played.
  • I will be the director, technician (including camera work) and editor for my film.
  • I found an issue from my previous film is the technical side, such as lighting, sound and acting skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment